ASTRICO NORD EST is an industrial group specialised in producing different types of yarns and knitted garments, located in the North-Eastern Development region of Romania. The leader of the group, RIFIL SA Savinesti, is the most important manufacturer of acrylic yarns in the European Union.
The association includes 21 companies from the textile sector (3 large companies and 18 SMEs) and other 5 enterprises which collaborate with the textile companies in areas like marketing, packing, furniture production. More than 2400 employees work in the group`s companies, achieving a cumulated turnover of over 163 million EUR.
In 2011, Astrico Nord-Est has developed a collaborative marketing-sales system, as follows:
- setting up a trading company, the shareholders being members of the cluster;
- ASTRICO NORD-EST SRL, with the support of knitting machines producer SHIMA – SEIKI, has established its own creative production capacity equipped with the newest technologies on knitting industry.
Through this system, the group companies benefit from services such as: marketing, design, prototyping, technical assistance, logistic and financial services.
- Developing own, high-added value products;
- Reducing costs for members by offering complementary services: prototyping, commercial and logistics services;
- Optimising the raw material costs and consumption;
- Making more efficient the manufacturing capacities;
- Reducing the commercial risks for members;
- Obtaining better prices for delivered products;
- Know-how transfer among members.
- Establishing and developing the sampling department in coordination with machines suppliers;
- Setting-up a permanent show-room Shima-Seiki;
- Joint participation to fairs and exhibitions in the field;
- Increase capability to perform professional training activities and manage own, governmental and European financing projects;
- Running European financing projects;
- Increase of attractiveness and notoriousness of the cluster, including for enterprises in connected activity branches. Concluding new partnerships;
- Obtaining the „Bronze Medal” awarded by the European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis (ESCA), in recognition of the performances achieved until the present time.
Projects with European funding implemented by Astrico Nord-Est Textile Cluster:
- « Human resources development in rural areas » implemented in partnership with RIFIL SA and « Sofiaman pentru comunitate » Association, funded by Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development, Key Area of Intervention 5.2 (03.01.2012- 28.02.2014).
- „Institutional Development of Astrico Nord-Est Textile Cluster” co-funded by European Regional Development Fund, Priority Axis 1 ”An innovative and eco-efficient productive system”, Key Area of Intervention 1.3 ”Sustainable entrepreneurship development” (23.04.2014 – 22.10.2015).
- „PROACTIVE 2013 – Viable solutions for unemployed integration on the labour market” implemented in partnership with VRINCEANU SERV S.R.L. and PROFFI BBCONS S.R.L, funded by Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development, Key Area of Intervention 5.1 (02.06.2014 – 30.11.2015).
Projects that are under implementation:
- „The innovative development of the textile cluster Astrico Nord-Est” funded by the National Plan for Research, Development and Innovation (01.06.2018 – 31.05.2020).
- “Practice and be competent”, funded by Operational Programme Human Capital, Priority Axis 6 (12.09.2018 – 10.09.2020).
- “Improvements in qualification and occupation in the textile industry with the support of the relevant sector stakeholders”, funded by Operational Programme Administrative Capacity (27.10.2018 – 26.02.2020).
- “Clothing Technician Profile Update via Education – CosTUmE” funded by ERASMUS +, sub-programme “Support for policy reform”(01.10.2018 – 30.09.2020).
- “Textile Clusters for Industrial Modernization – TEX4IM” funded by COSME, European Strategic Cluster Partnership for smart specialisation investments (01.10.2018 – 30.09.2020).